Installation Instructions for 2.1.6
Installing ProjectFUN Editor 2.1.6
The ProjectFUN Editor is a powerful game development environment. You can create games by applying the academic principles you learn in the ProjectFUN programs.
Before installing ProjectFUN Editor on your machine you must perform the following step. (If you already have a version of Visual Studio or Visual C++ installed you may skip this step.)
- Download and install Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/express/download
- Click on Visual Studio 2008 Express tab. It is one of three tabs below the Downloads heading.
- In the list that appears, click Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
- Choose your language
- Click the Free Download button and install
To install the ProjectFUN Editor 2.1.6 software
- Download ProjectFUNSetup2.1.6.zip—Save the "ProjectFUNSetup2.1.6.zip" file on your desktop (or somewhere else you can find easily).
- Extract the ZIP archive.
- Run "jre-6u20-windows-i586-s.exe" found in the extracted folder to install Java if you do not already have Java installed.
- Run "ProjectFunSetup2.1.6.msi" and install the software
- Install "OpenALwEAX.exe"
- On your Desktop you should see an icon called ProjectFunRegister2.1.6. Double-click on it, enter your DigiPen ProjectFUN username and password, then click on OK.
- You must be connected to the Internet to run FunRegister and activate your software. You only need to do this once; ProjectFUN Editor will run offline once it is registered.
After running the ProjectFUN Editor and choosing C++ as the programming language, do the following:
- Go to Tool->Preferences-> General change the Editor Mode to Advanced
- Go to Tool->Preferences-> C++Project change the Compiler/Linker Select to Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2008
- Go to Tool->Preferences-> C++ Project and make sure that the Compiler, Linker, Includes and Libs paths are correct and they link to the correct files. If not please change them to do so. The default location may be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\...
- Usually on a 64-bit machine the path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\... instead of C:\Program Files\...
- If you did not install Visual C++ 2008 or you installed it to a non-default location, you need to put the correct paths depending on where you installed Visual C++ and which version you have installed
Adding the Help
Note: ProjectFUN Help is now available. It is a 700MB file so the download take a long time. Get a good connection and be patient please.
- Download ProjectFUN Help
- Unzip the ProjectFUN Help
- Copy the help folder "ProjectFun2.0_Help" next to "ProjectFun.exe" in the installation folder or wherever you installed ProjectFUN
- If you have difficulties installing the software or for some reason you need to install the software on more than one computer, you need to send your information and issue or reason to ProjectFUN.Installation[at]digipen[dot]edu
- For issues other than installation, post your questions to the ProjectFUN Forums