VG:Advanced 2D Video Game Programming Main Page
For students who enjoyed programming games using the ProjectFUN Editor in Introduction to 2D Video Game Programming, this workshop lets students take their game development skills to the next level. Advanced 2D Video Game Programming goes deeper into the C# programming language by teaching you how to hand-code games using a variety of new techniques. You will learn about crucial computer science concepts that allow programs to write functional, elegant code, and put this knowledge into practice by coding two fully playable games in C#. This amount of code you will write in this workshop will give you a real sense of a professional programmer's work.
- Hand-code your own games: Use your knowledge of object-oriented programming and the C# programming language to create finished video games, including artificial intelligence and collision detection.
- Examine computer science principles: Learn how concepts such as expressions, statements, functions, pointers, and structures allow programmers to create complex gameplay.
- Improve your math and writing skills: Reinforce your knowledge of linear algebra and trigonometry, as well as your creative and technical writing abilities.
The following are a list of helpful topics which may help with problems you or your student may be having.
- [Info] Game Crashes
- [How to] Actors
- [How to] Backgrounds
- [Feature] Power Ups and Enemy Movement
- [Feature] Spawning a Sprite upon another Sprite's Deletion
- [Feature] Health Packs
- [Feature] Creating a certain number of…
- [Feature] Cheat System
- [Feature] Platformer Engine
- [Feature] Using Mouse to Select Different Blocks
- [Feature] Combining Games
- [Feature] Splash Screen
- [Feature] Bullet Timing
- [Feature] Solid Collision
- [Feature] Enemy Patrol
- [Feature] Mines
- [Feature] Main Menu
- [How to] Chain Lightning
- [Feature] Random Fun